When you become a member of the credit union, a share account is opened in your name. An initial deposit of $25 is required. All members must maintain a $25 balance in their share account to remain a member and demonstrate regular activity in their account to keep it open.
Other features of Regular Share include:
- A competitive dividend rate paid monthly on the average daily balance in your share account. $100 minimum to earn dividends. Click here for current rate information.
- Withdrawals: To withdraw money from your share account, simply stop by a credit union branch or go to an ATM terminal. Our ATM Machine is FREE to all AFECU members. (NOTE: You must have a share draft account in order to access your share account through the ATM).
- Access through Online Banking, our 24-hour internet account access system.
- Quarterly statements by mail.
You can open a Share Certificate with a minimum balance of $2000. Share Certificates are available with terms of 12 months to 24 months. An early withdrawal penalty may apply.
Features of our Share Certificates include:
- A fixed dividend for the term of the certificate
- Competitive dividend rates
- Quarterly statements
Individual Retirement Accounts
One of the greatest challenges facing Americans today is ensuring the financial well being and security of your family throughout your retirement years. With uncertainty over the adequacy of social security growing daily, it’s increasingly necessary to rely on your own savings plans and resources to support your future retirement plans.
Yet another challenge is finding money for the impending college education expenses for your children. Tuition and other collegiate expenses are on the rise, so it’s a good idea to get a head start on saving for those expenses now, instead of getting caught unprepared later!
At Angelina Federal Employees CU, we offer 3 long term savings accounts geared to help you save for your family’s future:
- Traditional IRA
- Roth IRA
- Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
A Christmas Club Account is a unique savings tool at AFECU. This type of account lets you save for the holiday season, or for any other special reason you wish to save. It is also ideal for helping you save year-round to pay escrow (taxes and insurance) on your mortgage. The club begins on November 1st and runs through October 31st of the following year, though members may join the club at any point in the year. No withdrawals are permitted until the account matures on October 31st, in order to help you achieve your maximum savings potential.
Other benefits include:
- No minimum balance required
- A competitive dividend rate
- Access through Online Banking, our 24-hour internet account access system
- Account balance automatically sent to members on maturity, either by check or deposit into a share account.
- Dividends paid quarterly (calculated on daily balance)
- Account automatically reopens for the following year, for your convenience
- Deposits can be made by mail or in person
Regal Eagle Kids Club
Is there a Regal Eagle in your house?
Teaching the youngsters in your family good saving habits at an early age can benefit them for a lifetime. That’s why AFECU invites your children to join the Regal Eagle Kids Club. This account is designed for children ages 15 and under. They’ll earn dividends and cool prizes for their saving efforts and participate in fun club activities throughout the year. An initial deposit of $5 is required.
Other features of Regal Eagle Kids Club include:
- Children ages birth thru 15 years of age are eligible to join.
- A $5.00 minimum deposit/balance to open the account. Those children already having a Regular Savings Account will be able to convert their existing account to a Regal Eagle Account simply by signing up for the Club Account.
- A $25.00 minimum balance required to earn dividends on a Regal Eagle Account. Dividends will be paid at the same rate as a Regular Savings Account.
In addition to a lifelong lesson in saving money, kids will also receive:
- The Regal Eagle newsletter, including entertainment and educational articles and games
- The chance to win $25 for A’s on his or her report card
- Prizes for deposits
- Other activities during the year
- Once your Regal Eagle has reached 15 years of age their account will be converted to a Regular Shares Account
You can arrange to have your payroll, Social Security, pension or any other recurring check deposited directly into your AFECU checking or savings account. By doing so, you can eliminate the possibility of losing your check and avoid the need to stand in line to cash or deposit it.
The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) provides insurance coverage of up to $250,000 for your Credit Union account(s). To learn more about the type of accounts and the total amounts that the NCUA may insure, visit this link directly to NCUA.
Share Draft Checking
At AFECU, you can choose from three terrific checking plans, Share Draft, Student, and Golden Eagle.
- Share Draft – Minimum opening deposit of $200.
- Student – Minimum opening deposit of $100. Student ID required.
- Golden Eagle – For members 55 and older. Minimum opening deposit of $100.
These checking features apply to all three of our Checking Accounts:
- Interest Bearing – Based on average daily balance of $100
- No Monthly Service Charge
- No Per Check Charge
- No Minimum Balance Requirement
- MasterCard® Debit Card
- Account access through Online Banking, our 24 hour online account access system
- Overdraft protection with savings
- Consolidated monthly statements
- Two complimentary boxes of checks are limited to Golden Eagle Checking accounts
- Direct deposit
- Wire transfer of funds to an outside account
- Stop payment
- Courtesy Pay
Contact Us regarding any applicable fees.
MasterCard Debit Card
Our MasterCard® Debit Card combines the economy of a checking account with the convenience and versatility of a credit card. Your card works at millions of locations that accept MasterCard® Debit Cards. Your MasterCard® Debit Card draws money from your checking account, so no interest charges apply (ATM charges may apply).
The MasterCard® Debit Card is available with our Checking accounts.
Important Numbers to Remember:
- Lost / Stolen Hotline: 1-800-472-3272
- Change PIN Number: 1-800-992-3808
Please contact us if you have any other questions about the MasterCard® Debit Card or to report your card lost or stolen.
Avoid the expense and inconvenience of overdrafts with overdraft protection from Angelina Federal Employees CU. Overdraft protection is available on all three of our checking accounts, Share Draft, Student, and Golden Eagle, using your savings account.
Please contact us if you have any questions about overdraft protection.
Auto / RV Loans
Shopping for a new or used car or truck? You’ve already got plenty to think about: Makes, models, optional equipment, colors and so on. When it comes to financing, make it easy on yourself with an auto loan from AFECU. We have loans available for new and used cars and trucks. Our loans feature competitive interest rates and the kind of efficient, personalized service that only your credit union can provide.
Recreational Vehicle Loans
Ready to add to your leisure-time fun with a boat, camper, trailer, motorcycle, personal watercraft or motor home? Let Angelina Federal Employees CU help you finance those dreams. We offer loans on new and used recreational vehicles. All our loans come with competitive interest rates and efficient, personalized service. When it’s time to stop dreaming and hit the road or the water, come to AFECU for your recreational vehicle financing needs!
Please contact us for more information on loans.
Auto Loans are subject to credit approval.
MasterCard Credit Cards
At Angelina Federal Employees CU, we offer the MasterCard® Standard and the MasterCard® Platinum credit card. Your credit card should offer convenience, not high costs. Why spend more on fees and interest charges than you have to? Discover the savings of a Angelina Federal Employees CU MasterCard® Card.
You’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- No annual fee
- Fixed rates
- 25 day grace period
- No minimum finance charge
Mastercard Platinum and Standard Credit Cards are subject to credit approval.Compare Platinum and Standard MasterCard® Apply Now
Important Numbers to remember for current cardholders:
Toll Free: 888-999-1039
Home Equity Loans
Turn your home ownership into a more rewarding experience with a home equity loan from AFECU. Capitalize on the value you’ve built up in your property with cash for home improvements, educational expenses, or whatever purpose suits you. A home equity loan from AFECU carries a competitive interest rate and the efficient, personalized service you’re accustomed to receiving from your credit union.
Home Equity Loans are subject to credit approval.
Please contact us for more information.
Angelina Federal Employees Credit Union NML #466088 Carla Daniel-Kelley NMLO #466688
A signature loan from AFECU can help with your loan needs, whatever they may be. You can use a signature loan to consolidate debt, finance a vacation or cover holiday expenses. These loans can also help you pay for medical emergencies and other unexpected events. Signature loans from AFECU comes with low interest rates, fast processing and convenient repayment terms, as well as efficient, personalized service.
Share Secured Loans
With a AFECU share secured loan, your deposit in a AFECU share savings account or savings certificate serves as collateral to secure your loan. Share secured loans carry our most attractive interest rates, and you’ll even continue to earn dividends on your savings!
Signature and Share Secured Loans are subject to credit approval.
Please contact us for more informationApply Now View Rates
Guaranteed Auto Protection Insurance
Our Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) program can help cushion you and your family against sudden out of pocket expenses and goes beyond traditional GAP protection.
GAP Plus can help fill the gap between what your vehicle insurance will pay and what you owe on your loan, if your vehicle is deemed a total loss. Plus, it helps you get into your next vehicle by reducing your next loan at the credit union by $1,000 or more.
Get GAP Plus today so you can worry a little less about tomorrow.
Mechanical Repair Coverage
The miles can add up but the repair costs don’t have to.
MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage can help deflect some risk of costly future, covered repairs keeping your vehicle running extra miles and extra years. With different coverage levels and deductibles to choose, there’s a plan to fit your family’s budget.
Whether you depend on your vehicle for work or getting your family to school and activities, you need transportation that’s safe and reliable. The older your vehicle, the more it takes to keep it in good working order. Not making small repairs can lead to even more expensive repairs and ignoring other repairs can be dangerous.
Benefits of the program:
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada
- Rental reimbursement: up to $35/day for 1-5 days (1-10 days for parts delay. Available on first day of covered repair.)
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance: up to $100 per use. Includes towing, battery jumpstart, fluid delivery, flat tire assistance and lock-out service.
- Travel expense reimbursement: up to $200 per day 1-5 days for food, lodging and rental when a breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home. (Not available to NY residents.)
- Transferable: to increase resale value. Only if sold privately. Subject to transfer fee.
- Cancelable: receive a full refund within the first 60 days or a pro-rated refund thereafter less an administrative fee.
- No out of pocket expense at time of mechanical repair: (except for any deductible and any repairs not covered by the policy)–the covered repair is paid directly to the authorized repair facility.
Contact us today for a quote!
Convenience is the key at AFECU. With our ATM card, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to access your money whenever you need it. Whether you’re across town or across the country, the funds from your AFECU accounts will be at your fingertips 24 hours a day through any PULSE or Jeanie networks. Our ATM Machine is well-lit and safe for our members to use. Best of all, it’s FREE to all AFECU members.
Six (6) ATM Locations
Right next door to our office
902 Pershing Ave.
Lufkin State Supported Living Center
6844 US Hwy 69 North
Pollok, TX 75969
611 E. Main
2204 FM 706
Lufkin, TX 75901
Charles Wilson Outpatient Clinic – Inside the VA Clinic
2206 N. John Redditt Dr.
Lufkin, TX 75904
301 Hwy. 7 East
Kennard, TX 75847
With your ATM Card you can:
- use any ATM terminal with the PULSE® or Jeanie networks
- There is no fee for unlimited use of ATM terminals that your credit union owns
- You can access your accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week
LOST/STOLEN SUPPORT number 1-800-472-3272 , you can call at any time we are not reachable. Please contact us for more information.
AFECU offers a variety of services to fit your every need. We also offer the following services:
- Extended Friday Hours
- Drive Thru Window
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Notary Service
- ATM Service
- Wire Transfers
- NADA Quotes
- Night Deposit
LOST/STOLEN SUPPORT number 1-800-472-3272 , you can call at any time we are not reachable. Please contact us for more information.